This World Antimicrobial Awareness Week learn what you can do to help stop superbugs.
- Only take antibiotics and antifungal medicines when needed and as directed by your doctor1,2
- When prescribed antibiotics and antifungal medicines, take all doses and ﬁnish the course of medication as directed by your doctor1,2
- Never take antibiotics and antifungal medicines prescribed for someone else or prescribed to you for a different infection1,2
- Discuss keeping vaccinations up to date with your doctor1
- Wash your hands regularly1
Visit www.pfizerbugbus.com.au and take a ride on the ‘Pfizer Bug Bus’ to learn about AMR and the steps we can all take to help curb the spread.
By taking individual steps today, together we can help to reduce the spread of Antimicrobial Resistance (AMR).
Act Now. Stop Superbugs.
- World Health Organization (WHO). Antibiotic resistance: key facts, 5 February 2018. Available at: https://www.who.int/news-room/fact-sheets/detail/antibiotic-resistance Last accessed August 2020.
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). Antifungal Resistance. Available at: https://www.cdc.gov/fungal/antifungal-resistance.html Last accessed: August 2020