Looking for help in managing your arthritis symptoms? Check out these lifestyle tips to help ease some of the joint pain, swelling, tenderness, and stiffness of arthritis.
- Follow a healthy diet
- Find a balance between physical activities (such as walking or stretching) and rest
- Don't be afraid to ask your doctor questions about arthritis or your treatment
- Use books, magazines, and online resources to learn more about arthritis and stay up to date on new developments in medicine and treatment options
Keep Working with Your Doctor
- Talk with your doctor about changes in your arthritis symptoms. This can help him or her determine the right treatment for you
- Always take your medication as prescribed by your doctor
- Be sure to report any health changes or side effects you may experience. Your doctor needs that information to make sure your treatment is right for you
Keep Discovering Arthritis-Friendly Products
Every year, helpful new products may be available. They may help relieve arthritis symptoms, protect your joints from painful moves, or improve your ability to perform daily tasks. Look for items such as:
- Special garden trowels
- Elastic shoelaces
- Foot warmers
- Electric jar openers
- Massaging heating pads
- Dual-handle sock assists
- One-touch table lamps
- Electric toothbrushes
- Reaching aids
- Arthritis bras
- Long-handled brushes and combs
- 1. Healthy Eating And Arthritis information sheet. Arthritis Australia 2015.
- 2. Bartlett S. Role of Exercise in Arthritis Management. John Hopkins Center. Accessed 23/01/2017.
- 3. At Home With Arthritis information booklet. Arthritis Australia 2010.
- 4. 10 Steps For Living Well With Arthritis information booklet. Arthritis Australia 2015.
- 5. Medicines And Arthritis information sheet. Arthritis Australia 2015.
- 6. Medicines and Side Effects. Better Health Channel.