The amount and quality of sleep we get affects our health and how well we work, learn and get along with others. Keeping track of your sleep patterns can help you determine whether your sleep habits are healthy or if they are in need of modification. Gain a better understanding of your sleep patterns by taking into account some of the following:
- what time you fall asleep and how many times you wake up during your sleep
- whether you nap and for how long
- the amount of caffeinated drinks you consume and when
- whether you exercise and for how long
- the medications that you take
- your general mood
Record your daily sleep patterns with this helpful sleep diary from the National Sleep Foundation.