Air date Aug 01, 2019
- Cholesterol is a soft, wax-like substance that is manufactured by your body, but can be absorbed from foods like meat, poultry, and full-fat dairy
- Cholesterol circulates in the blood, and as the levels of cholesterol in your blood rise, so does your chance of getting heart disease or having a stroke
- Raised cholesterol is estimated to cause 2.6 million deaths yearly
- To confirm if you have high blood cholesterol, your doctor may ask you to undergo a blood test
- Certain factors can increase your risk of developing high cholesterol such as a poor diet, lack of exercise, smoking, being obese, and having diabetes
- Along with lifestyle changes, your doctor may prescribe cholesterol lowering medication Optional, insert the video copy, Video Annotations.