Controlling your blood sugar is important in managing your diabetes. You can take steps that can help you make changes to reach your blood sugar control numbers. Getting control starts when you begin to watch your weight and take your medicines as prescribed, but there are other things you can do that will help too. These may include:
- Staying active and exercising
- Making a personalized meal plan with your nutritionist or doctor
- Checking your blood sugar at regular intervals and writing down the results
- Knowing what to do when your blood sugar is too high or too low
If you have diabetes, you can take steps to help control your blood sugar.
Start by making small changes to help you reach your goal numbers.
Check off the steps you will take to lower your blood sugar
1. Watch your weight
2. Take your medicines
3. Be active
4. Make a meal plan that works
5. Check your blood sugar